I read Chris Brogan’s new post today about 34 orphaned girls in Kenya that need urgent help. Mothers Fighting For Others (MFFO) is a not for profit organisation raising funds to take on full resposibility of the care of these girls. Their current home is unsuitable and they need to be moved immediately. Read about their post here. See a photo of the girls that need your help here.
I was inspired to add my own post to get you to help.
If I can convince one of you to contribute just $14, then that’s going to feed one of the girls for 2 weeks! I know that if you are reading this then you are fortunate enough to have a home, clean water, a meal every day and a computer to be reading this on! What they need to raise according to MFFO:
- 6 months rent in advance: estimated $12,000 USD.
- Furnishing the home – furniture, beds, sheets, towels, supplies: estimated 10,000 USD
Operation Costs for one year:
- Food – roughly $1 per girl, per day: $12,000 USD per year
- Utilities: estimated $4000
- salaries for six: estimated $12,000 a year
- medical and counciling: $4,000
- personal items such as toilet paper, soap etc: estimated $2,000 a year
- security system for the home: estimated $1,200 a year
Give a little, you’ll feel better and most importantly you’re helping 34 girls that urgently need it.